Board of Directors:
The Kids First Fund is
entirely administered by a Board of Directors who volunteer
their time to the organization. The board reflects the global nature of
The Kids First Fund and is comprised of the following officers and
- Jay Sorensen (President), President of IdeaWorksCompany, Milwaukee
- Robert Bahlman (Treasurer), Atlanta
- Liliana Calmatui, Director (Chisinau, Moldova)
- Roger J. Grigulis (Director), Chairman of management board of SJSC Pasazieru Vilciens (Latvia Passenger Railroad)
- Hamid Ladjevardi (Director), American Baltic Investment, New York City and Riga, Latvia
- Eric Lucas, Director and Communications Representative (San Juan Island, Washington)
- Doug Mullen (Vice President), Assistant General Counsel, Airlines for America, Washington DC
- Liliana Rotuna, Director (Chisinau, Moldova)
- Jay Sorensen, President (Shorewood, Wisconsin)
In addition to the above directors, Her Excellency Solveiga Silkalne, former Ambassador of Latvia to the United Nations is an Honorary Director.
Dr. Valdis Rande is Ambassador to Children for the Kids First Fund.
The Board of Directors adopted a "Conflict of Interest" policy during 2007. This policy ensures the directors and officers of The Kids First Fund act in the best interest of the organization. The policy may be viewed by clicking this link.